Thursday, March 24, 2011

On Writing

Here's some tips for writers.

Tip 1: If you want to write a book, well you have to make yourself sit down and write it. Some people like to write it all at once. But let me tell you that most of us have to live in the world and then look for time to write. An hour here, 15 mins there, and pretty soon I've finished a chapter.

Tip 2: Don't worry how it looks or about all the grammar and misspelling, you can go back later and fix most of it real fast with spell-check!

Tip 3: If you want to be a good writer, I mean really good, you have to be a good reader. As I read a book from Stephen King on the topic he says he reads from every genre whenever he possibly can. And on this I have to agree. Read read and then read some more, especially in the genre that you want to write in.

Tip 4: Less of a tip and more of a motivational speech, but take it easy on yourself. We live hectic lives and if for some reason you don't finish writing or editing or don't begin when you wanted to, that's okay too. It's not the end of the world, so just keep on writing whenever you can.

That's all for this week! Happy Writing!

R

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Some of my books, well all, have taken over a year to write and some have taken over three years to write. If I try to rush anything it shows. TIME is your a writer's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tips!!! I just need to use them. As max will tell you I am very hard on myself as a writer and I tend to just drop the project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand Deb, I use to be that way too. It took me 10 yrs to write my first book. It was because I was so hard on myself as a writer that it took so long.

    Time is the writer's friend, but we have to be forgiving, especially to ourselves if we want to see results!

    Good luck guys!

    ReplyDelete